Re: Production Class

To: "steve ritter" <susu1949@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Production Class
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 18:57:25 -0700
Just got home from a week of 4-wheeling in the Colorado Rockies. It was good to
get away from all the madness, although I had hoped that the perpetrators had
been delt with by the time I got back, but I can be patient..........
As for Steve's questions, since I run in the production clas, I'll try to help.
Usual disclaimers; Caution: this is the way I do things, not necesarilly the
BEST
way to do things.
1.  Air into interior:  I use cowl vents
2.  My wheels are welded steel.
3.  I installed adjustable coil-overs, dropped the front end 5"
4.  Initially I used Hooker Headers with a 16" collector, Hooker makes a
clamp-on
piece that is a turn-out; I turned it 45 deg to the outside.  Now I run a
cross-over pipe (like NASCAR) and run a single 6" pipe all the way to the
rear-end. (This really improved the torque)
5.  Keep the panels - avoid later grief & arguments.
6.  I yeild the tech questions to DW, as they are class specific & depend on
what
you are runnining.
Hope that helps a bit..............
Ed