B'ville 200 mph club questions..

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: B'ville 200 mph club questions..
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:44:13 -0700
I glanced through the 2001 rule book and I see the 200 mph club guidelines
for El Mirage and Muroc, but not the salt lake. Is there a set of governing
rules or speeds to qualify. I know that generally you must break or set a
record over 200 mph, but I understand that in some classes it is not simply
breaking a record but exceeding a minimun establ;ished by the club. Are the
rules applied the same for every class or is there a formula by which you
can calculate how much you have to break a record to qualify? For instance,
in AA/BMS the reord is around 243 or so. Is this a case where simply
breaking this record will qualify a driver for the club or is there a
minimum set? I ask this because the E/BMS record is 260 and change which
might imply that the AA/BMS record needs to be exceeded by a considerable
amount, say up to 270 or so. How does this work? Is there a place where the
minimums are posted for each class?

mayf, the rednecked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump.