Chemical Lessons learned

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chemical Lessons learned
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:06:32 -0700
Boy did I get a good lesson,
This Monday (was gonna wait till Thursday) I decided it's about time to get
ready to go to Maxton. So I unloaded the T'Bird from the trailer. Yes, I
haven't looked at it since Bonneville. Bad Choice! Nothing moved! Seems no
matter how well you think you've cleaned your ride in the Wendover Car Wash,
you only just begun to battle the white stuff. I cannot believe (the places)
where (or how) that salt got to.
Gear shifter (Long) totally one piece of red rust, gas linkage solid, clutch &
tranny & throwout bearing one piece (had to pull the axels to move the car).
Brakes locked up, starter's rusted solid, all steering bearings rusted solid.
Oh and by the way, Magnesium (bellhousings,shield, transmissions etc.) and
steel with salt in between makes a really nice chemical sandwich. What a
heartbreaking mess! The underside of the car looks like it's been in a
junkyard for 10 years.
Tomorrow I have to find where the new electrical grounding problems reside. I
still haven't fired up the motor. But we'll be there Saturday for sure.

BTW, I've already talked with John at SaltX and Muscle will have it in stock
starting tomorrow.
Grib
"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of your
life"