Allowed engines

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Allowed engines
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 04:34:43 -0700
Why are some engines not allowed in some classes? I'll use my
class as example. BMS & MS has only AA down through I engines. Why were
every thing else excluded. For instance, why not an XF/BMS? Historically ...

At one time there was a place for XF & XO engines in the MS classes. The
opportunity was given for one person, Dean Moon, who insisted that once the
class was allowed there would be a flood of entries.

Once again NO interest, that is why the option was dropped. This took place in
the 70s and the subject has not been raised until now, almost 30 years ago. Do
you really want a H & J engine class in a car that will weigh in at a ton &
half? If you promise to line up behind this guy and wait until he runs 3 miles
at about 60 mph I'll look into seeing how many people would build a vehicle.
There was a 50cc motorcycle at WoS running in the 35-40 mph range, I'm missing
the point of the thrill.

DW