Allowed classes

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Allowed classes
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 04:52:20 -0700
Mayf & list,

The X engine classes for MS were there for maybe 10-12 years, not really sure.
We were going to build an Allard or Kurtis with a 12 port but thought the
combo too slow.

The idea of unlimited classes seems to be valid on the surface. The argument
against it would be that there are now in excess of 400 car classes and 1800
motorcycle classes many of which remain open, no record. This indicates that
there is no interest to participate. If we add more classes where would the
entries come from? The "younger" people do not write us asking for lower cost,
entry level classes. They seem to be more interested in life style type of
racing where they can show up, run, then go home in 1/2 day. There are many
more leisure activites to occupy their time and money than 30 years ago.

I was in the impound area from 07:30 to around 8PM for the four days with the
exception of 45 minutes I spent with the Hammonds.

DW