Pahrump Dry Lake

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pahrump Dry Lake
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:58:41 -0700
Well, family and dog went visiting the dry lake abour 5 miles from the house
this afternoon. Very surprised. The lake has a clear span, so to speak of
3.4 miles. The surface is harder than El Mirage. However, it is rough in
places where kids and lesser adults have burned donuts made campfires, etc.
The surface does not seem to dust up as bad as El Mirage but who knows what
it would do if lots of traffic gets on it. There are some ruts and crusting
that will need to be smoothed out by dragging before I use it to test my
car. Absolute bugger to get to though. Road is hardly that, more a trail. I
want to go see it when it has some water on it to see how the surface mends
itself. It is not as big as El Mirage, but perfect for me!

mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump...