SB2 and 18 degree in production

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: SB2 and 18 degree in production
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
I appreciate the discussion and opinions guys. I did
not, however, see any statement that said this has
been ruled on by the contest board. I realize that the
officials in our group cannot speak for the whole
organization if there has not been a prior ruling.
It is clear to me that rule IV-14 applies here but, to
me, it does not say that the intake manifold has to
bolt to a head (or vise versa)that was available from
the factory in that particular car. It simply says
that head, intake and bell housing bolt patterns are
used to identify the design. It is interesting that
the general concensus seems to be that the 18 degree
head is legal but the SB2 is not. I think this might
come from some other racing series. If the rule is
they have to bolt up to production, then they both
fail. Is there a procedure for presenting the question
to the board or a committee to get a final answer
before I go down the wrong road.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1