Re: GPS

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GPS
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 15:05:39 -0700 (PDT)
--- ardunbill@webtv.net wrote:
> Yeah, there's something to these GPS gadgets, in
> August when Ardun Doug
> and I took a trip up to see Clem TeBow, Doug had
> one, put it up on the
> dash of the rental car so it could check the
> satellites, and as we were
> driving home later he remarked, "The GPS says the
> highest speed you have
> touched so far during the trip is 81.3 mph."  I was
> impressed.  Just
> going with the flow on the CA freeways, mind you.
> Bill

When they first came out we were courious about how
good they were at getting you back to a fishing spot
in the gulf, so we put one in a car, took a reading,
drove around town then asked it to take back the the
original spot. It put us in almost the the same tire
tracks. I'm sure they have gotten even better since
then. If it knows where it is that precisly then all
it needs is the time and a little math to give you
speed.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1