Re: quickchange question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: quickchange question
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:19:39 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/2001 8:19:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Lsr385@aol.com
writes:

> List, I'm looking for a way to install an "open" differential in a champ
> style quickchange. (I have a spool now)
> Thanks
> Tom Stewart

      Tom,
       Good meeting you and talking with you at El Mirage this past weekend.
It's a pleasure to be able to put a face with names on our list. You do an
excellent job of teching. Some of the questions you asked, as well as helpful
suggestions you made regards the King$ Ran$om roadster showed how well you do
your job.
       Since the Champ QC is nothing more or less than a big Ford V/8 member,
the parts should be available. Try contacting Norm Rapp Racing in SF at
(415)333-8510. Norm's hours are a little scattered, but 10-12noon is a good
time, as in mid afternoon. The spoop probably has more value than the
original carrier, so you might be able to negotiate. Rapp specializes in
circle-trackchassis parts.
       See you at the November El Mirage if my engine passes muster later
this week when I warm it and test the "vital-signs".............Ardun Doug
King