Re: a variety of classes

To: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: a variety of classes
From: "Allen" <riveroak@cncnet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:57:10 -0700
Glen, Dan:  Its a front engine dragster and yes, the tubing is too small.  I
took it to El Mirage in August (wonderful trip- great people) and had it
inspected by Mike Stewart and also when I got home, a NHRA tech inspector.
Have decided to build a new rear engine frame out of  1 5/8 in .120 mild
steel tubing.  I know the cage must be 1 5/8"  --  would it make sense to
make the bulk of the frame out of 1 1/2" or go with the 1 5/8" all the way?
The answer to this is not totally obvious to me.  Any comments or
suggestions?  I'm planning to use as many components from the dragster as I
can ie: steering, rear end, front axle/front wheels, etc.  But I'm going to
carefully salvage the old frame keeping it intact.  Its too neat to hurt.

Thanks------------Allen in Oroville Ca