NOT LSR - - AC wiring question

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: NOT LSR - - AC wiring question
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:29:23 -0700 (PDT)
OKAY.  I'm adding a sub panel (granny's
apartment)off of my current 250 amp service.  It
too will have to provide 220 volt circuits (well
within the rating of the master panel).  When
adding the line for this sub-panel, do I have to
run a 110 line off of each lug, or can they both
come off the same side of the panel service?
I've never done much 220 volt wiring.  Do all 220
volt circuit breakers have to be wired with one
hot lead from each side of the panel, or can both
hot leads come from the same side?  Right now, my
shop is wired with two wires off of the same
side.  Bad or OK?

Dick J