Re Shocks and Suspension

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re Shocks and Suspension
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:28:00 -0700
Warning....Warning...Will Robinson! Danger lurks ahead...from a wannabie non
racer.....

Well, the concept is simple, but the physics are a little more than simple.
The system also includes the tire and spring of that subsytem as well as
that of the rear end mass, the spring, and the shock, and of course the car
itself! Interesting to note that the acceleration imparted to the "mass" is
90 degrees in phase from the damping which is 90 degrees from the
displacement. The shock  force occurs 90 degrees out of phase with the
displacement. How bout them apples!

 mayf, the red necked, ignorant desert rat in Pahrump