new parts

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: new parts
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 12:18:26 -0500
  Ever since I got my drivers license I have always had to use used parts on
my Mopars because I just couldn't afford new ones. Two years ago, before I
went to Maxton for the first time , I actually got to rebuild my engine
using new pistons and new rods and I got a new intake. This was a big deal
to me but I had to use 30 year old cylinder heads that had the original
valves in them and did not even get any kind of rework done on them. This
summer after my spring trip to Maxton I got a brand new Holley 870cfm for my
car , another first in new parts.Well, this past weekend I got a pair of
brand new stage five cylinder heads that come ported and fitted with
oversized valves right from the factory. When I picked them up at my local
Chrysler dealership I had a smile at least as big as a kid getting his first
new bike! Now all I need is a new crankshaft to replace the 30 year old
original in the engine and I'll be able to say I have a real rebuilt
engine.But that is for next year, everything in good time. Needless to say I
can't wait for Spring and a trip to North Carolina to see if or how much of
a difference the heads will make. By the way these heads count as my
Christmas and Birthday presents. I couldn't be Happier.
Scott