Russ Mack Visit

To: bigsid@webtv.net, bjgayle@aol.com, clemtebow@jps.net, jdcnowell@aol.com,
Subject: Russ Mack Visit
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:56:34 -0500 (EST)
Hi folks, wanted to mention that my wife Jerry and I had a visitor for
supper yesterday, Russ Mack of this List, and Crew on the Yellow Rose of
Texas (AA/GL) team with Skip Higginbotham and Bill Smith last August.

Russ was passing through Chesapeake and stopped to take a look at my
Vincent and the Ardun roadster.  He's a mechanical engineer by
profession, with special expertise in computers, and helped with data
acquisition on the Rose, besides regular wrenchin'.

Russ had a lot of interesting stories to tell about the team's Salt
Flats adventure, Skip built a fine car, and I think Bill's achievement
of the 253.441 mph record is quite remarkable, especially when you
consider that he had no prior LSR experience.

 Always fun to get together with fellow enthusiasts.  Cheers Bill