Re: scoops

To: "DOUG ODOM" <popms@thegrid.net>, "Barrett Glen"
Subject: Re: scoops
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:00:57 -0500
Doug
I have just received the latest scoop from Mike Spitzer.  (Spitzer Race
Cars).  It is supposed to be the trick setup for airflow and aerodynamics.
It is raw cloth on the inside, not super smooth.  But it does have the
important rolled lip at the inlet.

Interestingly enough it is about twice as large as the typical F1 or IRL
scoop that it has the basic shape of.  Inlet is large enough for Top Fuel,
and even if I reach the magical number of 1000 HP with the big turbocharged
engine, I wont need that kind of scoop.  The search resumes.
I'm hoping that they, in the pursuit of this design they had several size
iterations.  I do not need to add that much frontal area.  It is still a
little car.....