new blood and new drivers

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: new blood and new drivers
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 17:32:39 -0800
I put in my 2 cents on the youth of our land and their "hot rodding".  The
best thing is the're out there.  Will they choose land speed racing?  Good
Question.  Can they bring their "bikini clad girl friends"  You bet.(I havn't
lost my eyes yet)  Will they stay.  Only once at El Mirage. Ask their girl
friends.  Never again in this dirt.  The problem with landspeed racing is it's
hard to "show off".  And that's a big part of what they do.  It's kinda like
the Boyd " Hot Rodders"  it's pretty, but don't drive it, or touch it, and for
God's sake don't let it rain on it because it will melt for sure.  The best
thing we as landspeed racers have for the import crowd is we have all the
classes, NOW, nothing needs to be added . They just need to meet our safety
rules and be willing to hold those magic buttons down for a mile or so.
Sooner or later and sooner is right around the corner, we will be seeing them
and it will be fun.  I'd love to be at the 1 mile when the guy in the crx hits
the 200 hp Blue Bottle with that 70" wheelbase and 3" wide tires.  Yahooooooo
I for one would like to see more of them.   J.D.