RE: New fangled power plant

To: "'Nafzger'" <nafzger@vtc.net>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: RE: New fangled power plant
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:24:57 -0600
Howard;

These schemes crop up from time to time-- first, a big splash about how this
new engine will revolutionize the industry, etc, etc, then it gradually
disappears. There are usually unforseen fundamental problems that surface
when the design is actually built and tested. The last really interesting
approach I saw was an engine design that substituted a "Scotch yoke" for the
crankshaft.

You'll notice that there was no actual dyno data presented on this website
and that their FAQ were pretty lame. Not to put a damper on creativity--
it's nice to see new approaches to the internal combustion engine still
being explored but a bit of healthy skepticism is still called for.

Regards,  Neil    Tucson, AZ