airplanes

To: "Land-speed@autox.team.n" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: airplanes
From: "Rose & Terry Hunt" <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:58:00 +1000
Ardun Bill, Dale Clay and list, I have some experience with airliners, 35
years so far. I,ve encountered wake turbulence a few times. Typically the
airplane will roll rapidly with some buffeting. In severe cases "upset" can
occur. It's hard for me to believe that the vertical fin could be torn off. I
think after the investigation is complete we'll find out that a structural
problem  existed.   As to standardization of cockpits, Boeing is addressing
that issue. The 777,767-400, 737-800 all share a very similar panel
configuration and flight management systems (FMS). These days it's not about
having good stick and rudder skills, it's about operating the computers. I
only have two years to mandatory retirement. I'm looking forward to it, the
romance is gone. Fortunately, the romance of  hot rodding is alive in
landspeed racing.