Re: Romance of airplanes and Locomotives

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: Romance of airplanes and Locomotives
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:52:49 -0800
I never have seen one of these 16 cylinder airplanes but I worked on some
with 2 or 4 18 cylinder engines and I say "Thank Pratt & Whitney for the
High Bypass Turbo Fan. I like getting where I'm going same day.
Now on a different subject, maybe some of you barstool jockeys can contact
me off line and explain electricity. Specifically, if you have an engine
driving a generator/alternator? and that powers a motor that drives the car,
how do you control the speed? How do they do it on trains?  Rich Fox