Re: Detroits, 53, 71, 92, & 149 Seriies

To: RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net, Want1937hd@aol.com
Subject: Re: Detroits, 53, 71, 92, & 149 Seriies
From: Bill Smith <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 06:44:20 -0700 (MST)
These engs come in various configurations the V-6 and V-8 can be married to
make
V12  and V16 the Marrieds can be ganged to make 24 and 32 cyl powerplants..
Typically the 149 series are used on small Tugboats and Larger tugs used the
Electrotive units. several smaller units are typically used as pumps and
compressors
on larger tugs as well as electrical generation. wmts