TC testing

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: TC testing
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:11:26 -0800
It almost sounds like you're saying that if I have ever installed TC on a
car,
I can't compete at bonneville?

Brian,

Not true! I'm saying that I have a policing problem. We don't have the
manpower to cover all competitors arrayed over the square miles of area we
run in.

Seveal years ago a team was caught at El Mirage dumping fuel beyond the
finish line. The scene was stumbled across by accident because of the size
of the lakebed they were out of sight of anyone. After a lengthy
investigation they were banned from competition for a period of time and all
the gas class records were stripped. Now, the investigation may have been
deep enough or it may not have and the punishment may have been either too
severe or not but, the fact remains that some people will cheat and we can't
get 'em all.

The current solution is to ban the technology until a workable deal can be
decided upon. Personally, I don't want to run the technolgy or some part of
it and be accused of, and maybe wrongfully punished for using TC.

DW