Re: Don Garlits Museum

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Don Garlits Museum
From: "john backus" <34ford@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:14:01 -0500
Big Daddy is a true gentleman and a credit to all racing venues. The Indy show
was great, we saw Grib's booth, very nice! Also saw John Beckett and
"flipper". It was a very BIG show with a lot to see. I did get a scoop on the
Carbon-X firesuits, I was shopping for SFI-20 gloves that actually could be
used to drive and operate levers and switches. Diest said they will soon have
them and the suits available. This is some really impressive stuff, they had a
demo set up with a blow torch and a glove that they held the torch on with a
hand (yours if you dared) in it and it didn't get hot after many minutes
exposure. For now SFI 5 gloves are about all we have if you need to use your
hands to operate things, the 15's are too thick.

John