My final thoughts Re: 2 Club

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: My final thoughts Re: 2 Club
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:13:50 -0800
Jim, sorry if I ruffled you feathers, but I wasn't trying to beat on
volunteers at all! The only time I ever mentioned the "v" word was to say
the being a volunteer had nothing to do with anything. The only time I ever
used the "v" word is below...

"Interesting... when people start getting close to asking things that can't
be answered, the "volunteer" word always jumps out! What does being a
volunteer have to do with the way decisions are made? "

Certainly being a volunteer is admitting that you are involved with your
sport and are in the process of keeping it going. I have no problem with
anyone who volunteers his or her time to support LSR. I do question the
notion that "volunteers" are excused of responsibility because they are
volunteers tho.

Dan, Sorry that you are bored! Is there anything I can do to help your
boredom? We have facilities here in Pahrump to help that condition...And I
am astounded that not one single member of the 2 club executive board or
decision making group is a member of this list! 'Cause surely by now one of
them would have spoken up and told us how minimums are determined...would
they not?

As to minimums, I am all for them! Surprise, surprise. Even for the record
breaking part. I do not think that either record or 2 club minimums should
be set based on displacement however. Why? Well, in my chosen class, BMS,
the highest speed is from an "E" engine and car. Current thiking would make
"D" have a faster minimum, "C" even faster, "B" really really fast, "A" is
warp speed, and "AA" would be hyperdrive. My thought is that even though a
larger motor may produce more hp, maybe, it has the penality of added weight
which must be accelerated and that cost time and distance in getting to a
top speed, sometimes resulting in a lower than expected top speed. Rather
than the traditional 0.001 mph over the record, a minimum in each speed
would be like maybe 1% over the speed to qualify and back up. This would
have the benefit of always raising the bar.

Now, all of you can breathe a sigh of relief...I am finished with my
apparent boredom generating diatribe on the subject.

mayf