Re: John Force WOW

To: speedtimer@charter.net, barstoolracer@yahoo.com, cshearer@tacisp.com,
Subject: Re: John Force WOW
From: Bill Smith <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:18:42 -0700 (MST)
Glen,  WOW!!!!!!!

---- Original Message ----
From:           glen barrett
Date:           Thu 12/20/01 0:39
To:             5.7 Jim, Chris Shearer, Keith Turk, William  McDowell, Mike
Manghelli, Glenn Freud, Marlo Treit
Cc:             landspeed@autox.team.net, Glen A  Barrett
Subject:        John Force

The trip to John Force's shop is beyond words. It is just plain awesome.
With what he has and the future expansion plans blows you away. There is so
much to see. They pretty much let us do and go where we wanted. John came by
later and took us on another tour and we got to meet all of the crew chiefs
and some of the mechanics. It would take hours to write about it. He is the
same in real life as he is on TV. Hard to try and talk to him as he never
stops talking.

Some of us on the tour were Les Long(he set it up), Ed Iskenderian, Fred
Cerrelo, Dick Kraft, Gene Berg, Joe McPherson, and a few others. Drivers
from the 30s at Muroc were talking about the old days, man I think I was the
youngest at 67. What great stories they tell on how they got into hotrodding
and still stay involved, these guys are in their 80s and it keeps them
young. It's a great world and motorsports make it better.
Glen (still in awe)