Re: Metamorphis

To: "Bill Smith" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Metamorphis
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:38:52 -0800
Well, Bill and all..here in the desert we are critters! I want you al to
know that I do appreciate all the club help that happens to make the sport
safe and fun. And believe it or not, I like Dan! I have nothing but a great
admiration for his efforts on behalf of us all. I hope that my comments do
not come accross as an attack on any individual. That is certainly not my
intent. What I do try to do is to incite thinking rather than just sitting
back and letting it happen. As to the 2 club and the questions I bring
forth, I must have wrongly assumed that there were probably some members of
that group on this list. My 2 club questions are directed at them and that
governing body, not the SCTA. As to my XF/BMS that was a tongue in cheek
exercise to why I could not run the much touted Flatfire engine in my
Alpine, since it is a "vintage" XF engine, yeah, right. Surprise me when I
find that there used to be an XF/BMS class! But was dropped when no entries
showed up. Surprise me when I now find that not only are new classes being
summoned forth fdor MS, but I bet there are very few entries except for
existing cars which are having a tough time meeting the current gas speeds.
Surprise me when I find that there was no prior notice of MS rules changes
even during the thick and thin of the memo bashing. Surprise me when I find
there are no minimums for those new classes, instead, open speeds (if I have
this right?). Lots of names in the record books for next year against soft
records? Oh, I never did understand how nitrous in MS or BMS was allowed and
still maintained as part of the gas classes...glad this is corrected. Dan's
correct, I need to join his club. I am in favor of sunshine laws.

Maybe I was wrong to assume that this list is a community of people
intersted not only in LSR but how it takes shape and is conducted. Anyway, I
see the error of my ways.

Mayf, the ignorant desert rat, hooligan, cyber geek, in Pahrump.