Re: Flatty & Jimmy

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flatty & Jimmy
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:09:49 EST
In a message dated 12/20/2001 9:58:57 AM Pacific Standard Time, Nt788@aol.com
writes:

> Mayf, I would have never voted to divide flatheads and jimmys!  It seems to

Jack,
    I know it's controversial, but from my perspective the Flatty generally
will never be able to compete "heads-up" with a Jimmy. Yes, there are
exceptions such as Costella, Splatfire, Jimmy Stevens, etc., but if the "X"
classes weren't divided, the Flatty would rapidly disappear from LSR, and
with it would go a significant portion of the hot rodding and LSR
legacy.....................Ardun Doug King