Sting Ray Chopper Forks ( tech notes ... dang little LSR )

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sting Ray Chopper Forks ( tech notes ... dang little LSR )
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:32:14 -0600
.... Xmas eve always seems to be a time for sharing memories... WHY is it
this one always comes up at Xmas?.....

In the Sixties as kids ....We all thought Chopper Bikes were VERY cool...
and one of the kids had a killer set of folks on his bike....  Well not to
be out done I went out to the garage and used the tools and bits I had
laying around to build my own set of VERY COOL chopper forks...

What I found at my disposal was a pair of Chrome Vacuum cleaner tubes (
Mom's not going to notice ya know).... and a Drill..... not having any Bolts
I just Stuffed the Forks down on the Tubes and away I went.... .... Well....

As the story goes.... ( this being told by my brother to the assembled crowd
each Xmas )..... We were riding down the street and I was all smiles ....
sitting back on my Banana seat against the low Profile Sissy bar.....
Looking Very COOL so the girls at the school could get a good look.......and
we went over a Bump just in front of them and I popped the slightest of
wheel'es..... the forks and Front Tire remained in contact with the ground
seperating from the bike.... leaving me suspended for the Moment with a Pair
of Raw forks .... just begging to dig into the ground here
momentarily......( now according to Uncle Rich.... the look of surprise/
realization of the enevidable doom was Priceless).... needless to say I went
Ass over Tea kettle..... skinned myself up and still got my butt whooped for
using the Vacuum cleaner parts..... ( I'm sure you can picture my Brother
Telling this Story with the Bugged out eye's and the Hands up on the Monkey
bars and all....)

Y'all have a good Christmas..... I just had to give Glen a Present with that
story.....

Keith ( now you have a real insight into my real mechanical prowess )