RE: Some Drag Thoughts...

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Some Drag Thoughts...
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:51:01 -0500
Then there's the Volvo that the two fellas from Tennessee run at Maxton --
sorry, can't remember their names, but they're the ones that got the grenade
award at the last Maxton meet --- for the most dramatic motor blowup of the
previous race.

Anyway, they've got two Volvo front bumpers on the car -- one in normal
location, the other bolted to the bottom of the first one to act as an air
dam.  Sorta "double-vision" if you'd like.  I wonder if they could offer
some results from their experiments.  I don't know if they've tried to
quantify the system by "with" and "without" back-to-back runs, or whatever.

Oh, yeah -- there's a sbc sitting in the engine room and license plates on
the car.  So: if you see a grey/black Volvo next to you at the stop light,
and there's a maniacal grin on the bewhiskered face of the driver --- sit
back when the light goes green.  You ain't likely to get to the next light
first, no matter what air dam you've got on your street-legal vehicle.

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north)