Re: LSR / Hot Rod Bench Racing

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: LSR / Hot Rod Bench Racing
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:53:17 -0800
Chapter 2 on Dry Lakes Racing and Bonneville is full of wonderful stuff.
The photos on page 118 of Russ Meek's car are worth the price of the book
alone.  Terry Hunt's Stude on page 110 and the shots of Jerry Helwig's "40
Coupe on 108 are fun too.  It's refreshing also to see some cars pictured
that don't make the usual rounds of "rodder" magazines.  What a wonderful
collection of memories.  Those long winters in Moscow ID, broken only by the
Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival, have produced a real treasure.

This book is a must have for anyone who loves hot rods.

Wes