Re: Safety Inspection...

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Safety Inspection...
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 11:40:04 -0800
Inspections are "free" at El Mirage. We only ask one small considersation
for the competing racers.  We inspect on Saturday from approximately 11 to
5.  Sunday mornings on request.  On some Sunday mornings it could be hectic
after the racers setting records come in after the start at 8:00am.  We only
ask that you do not be waiting in line at 11am on Saturday and then come
into one of the 2 or 3 stalls and take up 2 or 3 hours with a new car while
the guys who need to get done and back to the pits for prep work wait.
Sometimes there are only 2 or 3 inspectors working. After the first surge
there are usually a slow down. You can always ask if some one will also come
to your car too, since if won't be run on that day.  Let us know when you
are planning on showing up   We are always ready to inspect a Bonneville car
so it's alot easier up there.  I personally will send out an inspection form
so you can go over each item which pertains to your race vehicle. Thanks for
your inquiry.  J.D.