Re: LSR / Hot Rod Bench Racing AT ITS FINEST

To: joetimney@dol.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LSR / Hot Rod Bench Racing AT ITS FINEST
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 20:43:32 +0000
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: LSR / Hot Rod Bench Racing
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:18:24 -0500

List,

Early Friday afternoon, Dirty Doug Anderson and Hot Rod Buddy, Tommy
Hockman came knockin' on my shop door. Doug and Tommy had been working
on Tom's new car , a '28 Chrysler High Boy Sedan (Tom's other ride is a
'28 roadster with a 392 and trips) and decided to take a break and drive
two and a half hours to visit. Doug was armed with about two feet of
pictures of every cool hot rod ( notice I didn't say street rod) from
every east coast gathering this past year. He also had a fresh copy of
Peter Vincent's new book. This book is a must have, as it has hundreds
of Bonneville and Dry Lakes pictures. If you don't know the name,
Vincent is a gifted photographer out of Idaho, who specializes in
Bonneville, Dry Lakes And Hot Rods. I pulled out my pictures from the
Hot Rod Reunion I attended this past October and the 'stuff' started to
fly.

Not 20 minutes later, John Beckett and David Locklear, ECTA's Chief
Starter walked in. Well, I'll tell you, I didn't get a thing done for
the rest of the day!!!  John had brought a truck load of new parts for
our new Honda Comp Coupe. It looked to me as he did ALL of his Christmas
Shopping at Grib's Muscle Motorsports Toy Store. All sorts of Stuff.
Grib, I wish I lived closer to you!!!

We had a great afternoon with Doug ( fueled by too much Ice Tea) giving
us a blow by blow of all the fine hot rods from New England. We
entertained ourselves far into the evening, finally duct taping Doug's
mouth closed so Tommy could load him into his car and drive back to
Tom's place in Saylorsburg, PA. Poor Tommy!!!   Just kiddin', Doug!!!

The strange part of all this is, I have about a case and a half of beer
and just about every kind of hard liquor in the shop refrigerator and
nobody drank any...are we getting old?!?!

A good time was had by all,
joe

HEY!  WAIDADARNMINIT.   IT' WAS'NT ME DOIN' TH' TALKIN....

                     I WUZ T.I.G. WELDIN'!  ;-)

YAH WE DID TOO HAVE A FINE TIME.  YOUALL OUGHT TO GO SEE 'OL JOE'S "DELAWARE
CHASSIS WOIKS"  IT'S SOM'PIN SPECIAL.  CLEAN AND NEAT LIK A SHOP OUGHTTA BE.

"TOO CLEAN" MEBBE ? MEBBE HE DON'T ACT'CHALLY GIT NUTTIN DONE ?

                           ha   ha  ha  LOL!

          .....THANKS JOE FOR A FINE TIME.

AND WATCH OUT  NOW I KNOW WHERE YOU IS...MEBBE I BE BACK SOME TIME

  LOL!   ;-)

"Dirty Doug",in So-NeuYaWK
                             @ THREE THURTTY, PyEM    ONE-ONE-OH-TOO