Fw: My ole 56 Vett

To: "list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: My ole 56 Vett
From: "ELLEN WILKINSON FOR" <gary_ellen@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 22:14:56 -0700
Hi, we received the following messages from this gentlemen.  His e-mail is
bbatbeach@knology.net
Do any of you remember or have info on this vehicle?  If you do would you
respond to him directly.  Appreciate your help.
Ellen Wilkinson
Utah Salt Flats Racing Association

  I owned a 56 Vett for a while and heard that it run on the Flats from 58
to 60 ( or there about ). Is there any way that I could find such records or
photos. I loved this beast ( powered by a Pont. punched to 389 ci with
tri-power, 13 to 1, Mal. dual-point [tough to keep timed], attached to the
stock 3 speed and rear-end.  Boy! was it strange to shift from first to
second at 70-80 MPH.

    I would appreciate any help on this.
                                                       Thank You
                                       Ret. Firefighter Buddy Bergman

    Here's  some more info - as I know of or heard is the owner and builder
was a pilot in the Air Force.  He ran it in D\mod. prod. class and won that
class at 180 mph.   Some of the features that were on it when it raced  were
still there when I owned it ('70 - '71), on the eng. hood it had a long
narrow scoop that cleared the three deuces,  behind the front wheels in the
cove were rectangular large open vents (possibly where the exhaust could
have gone through), the exhaust ports at the rear were removed and filled
in.  That's all I can think of at this time, other that when I had it, it
was all white with the red interior with the hard top.
                                          Thanks again and I hope the list
has a good time digging on this.

                                                                      Buddy
Bergman