Re: Clutch linkage

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch linkage
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:16:05 -0600
Larry... here is what I know.... the bellcrank has a socket on a Small
Block normally and that socket fits over a Ball which can be mounted on the
side of the motor just above the Oil Filter housing.... If your small block
doesn't have this threaded hole to mount the ball for the Bell Crank then
you will have to use the Brackets on the side of the bell housing .... and
yes I had to make my bracket for the Rodeck as it didn't have that hole.

When I made the bracket for the Rodeck I simply cut a piece of 1/2" plate
with the Plasma cutter and threaded it for a 1/2" piece of All Thread that
I had welded a Nut to and smoothed into a Ball with a grinder....  Nothing
fancy really but once I bolted this bracket to the Bell housing with
3/8th's bolts the ball was located exactly where it would have been in the
stock location.....

When running the Cast Iron motors we were always able to use the block
mounted pivot ball and the Tab your talking about on the side of the bell
housing hung out as window dressing....

Keith
----------
> From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Clutch linkage
> Date: Thursday, January 03, 2002 2:12 PM
>
> I am in the process of hooking up the clutch linkage on a Muncie to a
small
> block chevy with a Lakewood bellhousing. The bellhousing has brackets
welded
> on it to hook up some sort of bell crank. From there a rod back to the
clutch
> arm. I need to know where to get this bell crank type bracket. I looked
at
> Lakewood products and didn't find anything. This is in a 52 chevy truck.
Do
> they make such a beast or am I going to have to make something? Thanks
Larry