Little kids will fight

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Little kids will fight
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:53:00 -0800 (PST)
Not directed at anybody - - just comments in general!  Like it or not, I'm on
my soap box.
 Back when I was running a teenie weenie sewing machine motor with twin cams,
electronic fuel injection and a bunch of other high tech stuff, I signed on to
a couple of other lists to seek help.  Not all of those low rider, pocket
rocket, rice burner kids are focused only on hydraulics and high output
stereos.  Some of them really know their performance stuff and they helped me
with a lot of technical performance input.  Every so often, some Honda Vee-Tech
kid would get to spatting with an Isuzu Turbo kid, and it would turn into name
calling and open profanity for a week or so, then it would gradually go away.
Being a sixty year-old Pollack, I got over the "sticks and stones" syndrome
many years ago, and I would just sit quietly in my mature wisdom and smile.  I
must say that I'm somewhat surprised, however, when I find this kind of thing
creep into our list, because I know that we are all mature enough to know that
such behavior is not going to get anyone anywhere - - especially on a faceless
cyberspace media.
Come on people.  We are all here because we love Land Speed Racing.  Some of us
use big blocks, some small blocks. Gees, my buddy Mayf even uses a Ford!  Some
of us use motorcycle motors in cars, and God forbid, some actually ride
motorcycles!  But we all share one thing - an undying love for speed - and a
lot of it!  It is foolish to waste valuable reading space with petit arguments.
 Whether we are talking about aerodynamic design, fuels, engine tuning, rules,
or the politics of running the various organizations involved, our formost
concern is speed, not personal attacks.  Let's try to keep focused on why we
are here!
Looking over our membership list, I figure we represent a composite total of
over a thousand years of building and racing fast vehicles.  Damn!  A thousand
years!  Our members include engineers, scientists, and school of hard knocks
graduates who all know how to make racing vehicles perform at levels far, far
beyond what the original designers ever dreamed.  That should count for enough
intelligence to act like adults.
Now, before you rip off an answer to this,  take a deep breath and relax.  I
promise, this is the last time you will have to tolerate this dumb Pollack on a
soap box. Any time you hear from me in the future, it's going to be regarding
speed and how to get there.
Obsessed with speed
Dick J

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail.