Re: Media!

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: Re: Media!
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:44:53 -0800
Tom
I agree, Jack has done many things outside of the box.His ideas are unique
for sure. When thinking back to some of the other people that wanted to be
different I have to think of John Vesco and the little 4 banger streamliner.
SCTA put many restrictions on this car. The car as you know was very narrow.
It took a little time, but he proved his theory and I have nothing but
respect for all of these guys that wanted to be a little different.

Being the amateur's we are in this sport, and having the right to build
something other than a spec car just makes it a lot better.

In my position I get to see them all come by at speed and when they achieve
that goal I am the first to know. I get the pleasure of announcing it and
hear the cheers of the crew. When a driver gets into one of the clubs or
sets any record I really enjoy  being able to put in my 2 cents worth.

That's why I keep coming back. It's guys like you Tom, Jack Castle, John
Vesco, and all of the other big and little guys and gals that make it
happen. We are the lucky ones.
Glen