Seven ten cap

To: land-speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seven ten cap
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:07:56 -0800
        List, I have to tell this one..... The other day I was in the local
auto part store. A lady comes in and asks for a seven ten cap. We all
looked at each other and said what is a seven ten cap? She said you
know, it's right on the engine. Mine got lost some how and I need a new
one. What kind of a car is it on they asked? Now I'm thinking an old
Datsun seven ten but no she said its a buick. OK lady how big is it? She
makes a circle with her hands about 3 1/2 inches in Dia. What does it do
we asked? "I don't know" she said but its always been there. Some one
gave her a note pad and asked her if she could draw a picture of it. So
she makes a circle about 3 1/2 inches in Dia. and in the center she
writes 710. The guy behind the counter is looking at it upside down as
she writes it so he just falls down behind the counter laughing so hard
tears are in his eyes. I said " I think you want an oil cap". She said "
seven ten cap, oil cap I don't care what you call it I just need one,
and I don't see what is so damn funny about it." Yes she was blonde.
                        Doug Odom in big ditch