Re: heater core

To: RACE427@aol.com
Subject: Re: heater core
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:00:06 -0700
List,

I know from personal experience that several vehicles that use Dexcool,
have had heater core problems. I have found this on 5 vehicles, 4 S-10
pickups, and 1 Blazer both with the 4.3 motors.

Problem simptoms were , lack of heat thru the vents, luke warm.
All the incidents were cured by a simple back flushing of heater core
with water. After that they heated fine.

Is this relevant to the 90 chevy, NO. But I read Tony's email about
aluminum componets that GM uses that they use Dexcool. I also dont know
why those vehicles had cooling problems either. Was it the dexcool or
the heater core? Who knows,  I just know of to fix them.

Jonathan