RE: Why I Picked My LSR Class

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Why I Picked My LSR Class
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:11:51 -0500
Scott & List,
I started LSR just a few years ago cause a dingbat from Alabama came by
our shop and perked my interest. Went to see Maxton in my Suburban and
ended up running it that day (132 MPH). Tried a couple of drag cars,
didn't work, bought a Busch Grand National T'Bird, crashed it a couple
of times (at 200+MPH) and have now run it at B'Ville (226 MPH) but for
(TO) time only (not class legal). Bought the Bird cause it was safe,
cheap and fast. Now have bought a Merkur, previous LSR car with hopes of
bringing it into the Two Club this August. Bought the Merkur cause it's
class legal, been to B'Ville and was a good deal. There's lots of good
LSR deals out there with a lot of good engineering at short dollars.
They still have plenty of work left on them and can be a great start for
a first LSR car.
Grib

"Do what others Won't and you'll do waht others Can't for the rest of
your life"