Re: March CW

To: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: March CW
From: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 12:18:06 -0600
Rick:
Skip told me that there was a negative reaction within the SCTA regarding some
of the
2-wheeled SCs in the past.  We were specifically talking about one that had
outboard
power.
You are right that the Tularis and even the Boss Hoss blur the lines a little--
but I
suspect that SCTA inspectors would still disallow those engines as SCTA-legal
2-wheeled
power, unless somebody gets them to officially re-consider the ruling.  I
personally
think that snowmobile engines provide an interesting, practical, and safe
alternative.
And I agree that I'd rather have a gixxer (or 'busa) engine than any other
4-stroke in
a 2-wheeled LSR machine, up to 250 hp or so.  (That's why I bought one.)  Above
that it
looks like we probably need stronger lower ends, cases, etc. (People who have
tried
similar engines for Top Fuel drag bikes have had the unpleasant experience of
running
over their own crankshaft at high speed!  Holy S___!)

Lets find somebody to make some cast-iron gixxer blocks for us.
Russ