Tom and The Pierson Coupe

To: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>,
Subject: Tom and The Pierson Coupe
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:25:17 -0800 (PST)
Tom,
I liked that story too.  Y'all know, from some of the really old mail on this
list, that the Pierson Coupe was the pill that got me addicted way, way, way
back when.  It almost costed me a failing grade in algebra back in the '50s!
The car was, and is, a legend that belongs to everybody, and I can understand
your feelings about never being able to really "own" it.  Now, you are part of
that legend too, Tom.
Dick J
  rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net> wrote: Tom:
enjoyed your "car choice" story. I think that even those of us who have
prioritized the "latest technology" end of our sport mostly appreciate the
tradition/ nostalgia aspect of it as well. I know that I am personally very glad
to see the old roadsters and coupes-- and to hear the sound of a healthy hemi--
even if that is not the stuff I'm working on, myself.
I remember pictures & captions of the Pierson Coupe (probably from "Hot Rod") as
one of the earliest motivators for me wanting to participate at Bonneville.
Russ