Re: Wheels

To: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>, <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 05:41:05 -0600
John we have those Mini spares with the backs welded .... I'm thinking they
are 15 X 4.... I tried to get Wheel Vintiques to sell me a set and they were
very concerned about the bead lips that couldn't be installed on both sides
of a narrow wheel.  The only Steel wheel I've found with double safety bead
lips is the Mini spare.... the sidelight of the wheel is it also happens to
be made of a thicker material then an aftermarket rally wheel.... hence it's
safer then the name implies.

The bead I'm talking about is just inside the flat portion of the rim there
is a Bump and it's job is to keep the tire on the rim if the car spins....

What I'm going to run this year are my Mickey Thompson 16 X 5 fronts and the
18" backs.... because I have them ...

Keith