Nitrous 101(Some More)

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nitrous 101(Some More)
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:52:14 -0600
Well, I have been waiting anxiously for the "last" bit of data to enable
calculation of proper mixture ratios and ignition timing...but alas it has
not shown up! Several have come close though and almost touched on the
subject of Flame Front in the combustion cycle.
How fast your fuel burns determines when you start the fire (ignition
timing) to get maximum power for that fuel in that engine at that RPM (all
relative to rod angle). Induction pressures and temperatures, fuel
composition, engine efficiency, etc all certainly affect when you start the
fire but the question remains......how to predetermine the correct timing
for your engine and fuel with regard to RPM.

Next will be the question of how to program that timing to vary it
constantly over the entire RPM range based on the flame front..

So, again, does anybody know what happened to the flame front data sheets
that were published in the late 50's early 60's in a "performance"
magazine? I though that it was Hot Rod but I guess not. Some new ones would
work......ones that include nitrous?

Skip (Still looking.......)