an interesting request not LSR

To: "list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: an interesting request not LSR
From: "WILKINSON" <gary_ellen@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:55:47 -0700
We received the following email from a young man with an interesting
request.  Would any of you like to answer him directly reference his request
to "talk" to someone who has raced?  His email is
christiancalemmo@hotmail.com
thanks
Ellen, U.S.F.R.A.

to whom it may concern

my name is christian calemmo and i am a student at philadelphia university
currently doing my thesis in architecture.  my thesis deals with
architecture that can emerge from rituals.  i have chosen the flats/ speed
week as my site and ritual for my project.  since i can not make it to the
flats before i graduate i am trying to find out as much information about
speed week as possible.  i was wondering if you could explain to me an
itinerary of daily events, any special activities that take place, some of
the infrastructure that is required to make speed week happen.  the more i
know about the experiences and perspectives of people who race on the flats
the more it will benefit my thesis project.  i was also wondering if people
are permitted to stay on the flats over night during speed week.  i am also
interested in the starting line procession.  what is it like and how is it
set up?
if you could also recomend me (via email) to someone who has raced there so
i could understand a racers perspective of driving at such a high rate of
speed.  your information would be extremely beneficial.
thank you for your time and consideration.

sincerely
christian calemmo
philadelphia university architecture