Wind tunnel

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wind tunnel
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:54:07 -0500
We all know that wind tunnel time for our cars/scooters is expensive. Don't
know that any of us has ever been in a tunnel, except Bob Summers (forty years
ago) and Jim Fueling (GM connection). Not much of a data base as these are
both Streamliners and only two at that. Now you guys may know of others, but
do we have any data to go with that? Since we can generally only speculate
about our vehicles it would be nice to learn something factual about
Lakesters, Roadsters, Coupes and scooters.

So I was wondering if there would are any small (scale) tunnels that might be
available at some Universities that we could somehow use. Not sure how to find
them. Just might be a student who needs a project to write a paper on.

Building an accurate model is no small task, but I am sure there are some
amongst us who could accomplish this task extremely well.

Maybe I'm just dreaming.

John Beckett