Front suspension stuff

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front suspension stuff
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:19:05 -0600
Well spent the weekend playing with front suspension stuff.... I'd sand
blasted the front A Frames and inspected the bushings.... I'd done this 3
yrs ago and they were ready for a re-do.... Decided to replace the bushings
with some Global west Products... they just seemed aweful nice and
garuanteed zero deflection over time.... hopefully this will maintain the
front end alinement we do....

I also acquired a full set of Wilwood disc brakes.... front and rear.... but
to install them I had to get a set of drop spindles for the front.... and
since I had this new set of Shockwave air bags with the shock already
installed I tried to put them in as well.... so far they don't work...they
are great but they don't have the travel in the right location just yet and
are going to require some spacers....basically what you try to do with an
air ride is get the firmness out of the air bags at the designed ride
height... but additionally I want to use the shock's bottom as a lower bump
stop.... ahhh it all seems so easy.... LOL

anyway we've put off dyno'ing the motor for the last couple of weeks....
timing just didn't work out....

Looking forward to Maxton this next weekend... and maybe we can get to the
motor on Monday after Maxton.... maybe not....Doesn't really matter as the
Camaro is going up to Delaware Chassis works for some rear suspension work
as well as a set of subframe connectors.....

Keith