RE: Urban legend material?

To: "'W S Potter'" <wester6935@attbi.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Urban legend material?
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:38:50 -0600
Coincidence. Cell phone ringers use a piezo transducer to ring, not the old
black phone "buzzer"- type bell- ringer that had arcing contacts. Nothing in
a cell phone creates an arc.

I do know a girl who got burned by gas blowing back on her when the hose
shut- off didn't work properly. The ignition source was static electricity.

Believe me, I now stand off to one side when gassing up my car-- not
directly in front of the hose nozzle.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ