RE: Marquette, MI

To: "'W S Potter'" <wester6935@attbi.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Marquette, MI
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:42:19 -0500
We got another six or eleven inches of snow night-before-last, bringing our
season total to 279.7", I believe.  I'm running out of room to pile the
stuff, running out of room to turn around by the garage, running out of
enthusiasm to sit in the plow truck for an hour or two darn near every
evening.  I guess we've set a season record again -- making it four record
amounts in the past seven winters.

I've had to use my big Oshkosh plow truck quite a few times -- but at least
it smells good while plowing -- I'm using up the last of last years' race
fuel, and boyoboy do I get some strange looks when passers-by sniff the
exhaust.  (It's a 1954 Continental 427c.i. Continental that needs leaded
fuel).

            Jon E. Wennerberg
    Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
           #436 M/PS/G 1340 CC
2001: 200.471 mph - 2002 GOAL: 220.554++mph
        Marquette, Michigan 49855
          (That's Way Up North)