Water cooled vs. Air cooled engines

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Water cooled vs. Air cooled engines
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:33:16 -0500
I don't see much in the way of air cooled engines being used.  Is this due
to the drag imposed by direct airflow over the engine?  Do the water cooled
engines even use a radiator, or due to the short(ish) duration of the run do
you just fill them up and let the fluid boil off?  (Do you even fill the
engine with coolant at all?)

I seem to remember there was a Wolkswagen Wolks-liner a few (?) years back -
anyone know how it did?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm pretty new to this.

Thanks,
Jim.

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of James D. Waldron (E-mail).vcf]