Bonneville & Hoover Dam

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonneville & Hoover Dam
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 19:32:57 -0700
List;

Some of you have to travel over Hoover Dam to get to
Bonneville (like me). Until recently, NO trucks or trailers
were allowed to cross the dam due to 9/11 security.  The
policy has been relaxed, and I inquired as to whether enclosed
car trailers would be allowed to cross. The reply is copied below:

Ed Van Scoy,

If all areas of the trailer and truck are easily accessible
for inspection you will have no problem.  If the trailer and
truck are tightly packed, so that material would have to be
removed to do a proper inspection, then you will need to use
the detour.  If you are carrying fuel for the car, other than
what is in the tank, use the detour.

George W. Gorum
Webmaster
Hoover Dam Visitor Center

Hope this is helpful.

Ed Van Scoy

    Land Speed 1985 Corvette #128
       C/GT, B/GT Record Holder
No Nitrous, No Turbo, No Blower, No Problem