Re: Arduns at Bonneville

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Arduns at Bonneville
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:18:55 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/2002 8:08:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dseely@sginet.com writes:

> By the way I own an original set
> (incomplete, but I am watching the swap meets), and the name is derived from
> Zora Arkus Duntov's name (later the 'father' of the corvette, proving once
> and for all that they are not bastardized impalas).  It really wasn't worth
> all of the trouble for a weak laugh.  I do appreciate the patient and non
> condescending tone from ardunbill, you guys are kind to us newbies.  I never
> saw so many arduns as at Bonneville.
> Dave the non comedian
> 1141 XF/VOT

Dave,
    I'd like to see a lot more Arduns at LSR meets. By my count there were 4
sets at Speed Week 2001, mine, Monte Osborn's, Ferguson-Travis in the
Pollywog Streamliner, and Hayseed in the 27 Roadster. Who did I forget?
    Do you and Rick Cannon, your partner in the VOT, each have a set, or are
you counting his as part yours?
    With Ferguson making the repops there's no reason not to have all the
parts to complete a set. What's missing on yours? Are they early or
late?........Doug King